ARE YOU THE NEXT MANIFEST CREATIVE DIRECTOR?
Think you can design the face of Manifest? Are you looking for a job, exposure and the opportunity to build your body of work? If so, apply to become the Creative Director of Manifest Urban Arts Festival 2019. Submit one or more pieces of original work that can be used as the look, feel and identity of Manifest utilizing the prompt “AMPLIFY” Your design should convey Manifest as edgy, innovative, unique, diverse and ambitious while keeping with the theme:
am · pli · fy
- To make larger or more powerful (as in amount, importance, or intensity)
- To increase the strength of; especially: to make louder
- To expand in stating or describing, as by details or illustrations; clarify by expanding
- To discourse at length; expatiate or expand one's remarks, speech, ideas, etc.
The winning designer will get exposure, fame, and untold riches. And by that we mean your work will be seen across Chicago and you’ll have a year-long paid student worker position as the Manifest 2019 Creative Director. Before you move on, a few things you'll want to consider:
Submissions are open to students in ALL academic departments
All interested applicants must be proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
Contestants must be current Columbia students enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours for undergraduate students and a minimum of 9 for graduate students.
Contestants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
Contestants must submit original art. Do not use copyright protected images or elements of another designer's work.
Contestants can submit up to 2 designs in the competition.
The contest winner will be asked to submit additional design concepts to us to help finalize and complete the Manifest 2019 marketing campaign.
All submissions will be reviewed and chosen by the Manifest committee.
Here's how it works:
To compete, you will submit a single .pdf of your design entry. That .pdf must contain two pages.
- Page one will be your poster design with the Manifest Logo
- Page two will contain your interpretation on the Manifest star. The Manifest star represents the energy which radiates from our Columbia College community, offering sustenance and support to our students and inspiration and to all.
DEADLINE: APRIL 15, 2018 - 11:59 PM